Whilst Proclaim 2018 will see a great line up of international and national speakers, we are changing the previous format which included a vast array of optional workshops. The new format will include four designated sessions which all delegates will have the opportunity to rotate through. The sessions will aim to enable a richer dialogue between the delegates and presenters over the three days.
The purpose of the Facilitated Conversation Session is to:
- Provide delegates with an opportunity to engage with experienced Conversation Facilitators who have achieved positive outcomes with regards to parish/faith community renewal and evangelisation, with an emphasis on the topics of Leadership, Young People, Belonging and Evangelisation.
- Provide delegates with an opportunity to share some of the challenges they face in a parish/faith community context.
- Offer delegates a chance to hear from other delegates regarding activities/programs/actions that have created real change/renewal in their communities.
- Provide delegates with an opportunity to contribute to the listening phase in preparation for Plenary 2020.
- Provide delegates with ideas/inspiration to aid in the development of their Proclaim Action Plan.
Facilitated Conversation Topics
The four topics include Leadership, Young People, Belonging and Evangelisation. These topics were chosen by the Proclaim 2018 Steering Committee following a formal process of deliberation and discussion. Leadership, Young People, Belonging and Evangelisation were four of the major challenges and opportunities facing parishes and faith communities in light of ongoing renewal in the Australian context. The Steering Committee acknowledges that there are also other challenges facing parishes and faith communities.
Who are the Conversation Facilitators?
The Conversation Facilitators have been selected from across Australia due to their experience and the positive outcomes they have achieved with regards to parish/faith community renewal and evangelisation. The full list of Conversation Facilitators will be made available soon on www.proclaimconference.com.au
What will be the format of the Facilitated Conversations?
1 hour in length, including content from Facilitators, small group conversation on 3 questions (provided in program booklet), and feedback/listening from small groups.
- Each Session will be run by a pair of Facilitators.
- Each Session will have approximately 35 delegates in attendance
- Small group conversations size (5 to 7 delegates)
Will there be any workshops at Proclaim 2018?
Proclaim 2018 will not feature ‘workshops’ – instead you will have the opportunity to rotate through four Facilitated Conversation Sessions which aim to engage delegates on the topics of Leadership, Young People, Belonging and Evangelisation. Proclaim 2018 will also feature a great line up of international and national speakers along with expert discussion panels.
Do we get to choose what Facilitated Conversation Session we attend?
Every delegate will rotate through four sessions across the three days focussing on Leadership, Young People, Belonging and Evangelisation.